Thursday, February 18, 2010

2 Children's Poems/Books




I LOVE MY BODY

I love my body from head to toe.
I appreciate my body as it does grow.

I love my wiggly toes.
I love my smelling nose.

I love my eyes, they help me see.
My eyes are special like me.

Also amazing are my ears,
they can hear far and near.

My mouth and teeth are pretty neat.
I like my tongue that tastes things sweet.

I use my hand to say “hello.”
My arms put on a jacket when it’s time to go.

My elbows and knees and joints all bend.
I love my fingers holding hands with a friend.

I love my neck and stomach, too!
On each foot I put a shoe!

My front and back and sides are nice!
My legs can dance and they add spice.

I am thankful for each body part!
We are all blessed right from the start…

I love my body from head to toe.
ALL BODIES ARE BEAUTIFUL AS THEY GROW!
___________________________________________

By Danielle Raspberry Levin
Illustrations by Aaron McKissen
c.2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The Zoo

I went to the zoo, the zoo, to see toucans canning in a choir.
I went to the zoo, the zoo, to see fireflies flying in a mire.

I saw panda bears bearing their paws, angry tigers
tigering their claws.
I saw zebras zebraing their stripes, clumsy hyenas
hyenaing their laughing pipes.

There were elephants elephanting their ears.
There were reindeers reindeering their dears.

The lizards danced, the prairie dogs pranced.
The camels swam, the frogs ate yam.

A gnu gawked at a giraffe’s tongue.
A monkey helped a llama’s young.

Ostriches and ant eaters went to hide.
Hippopotamuses and rhinoceroses stayed inside.

I went to the zoo, the zoo, to see a zookeeper keeping
the zoo.
I went to the zoo, the zoo, to see people like you youing
the zoo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

By Danielle Raspberry Levin
Illustrations by Aaron McKissen
c.2010

11 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas.


    Utada
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! You rock! All my best wishes! :)
      Danielle:)

      Delete
  2. You have post a very informative topics that readers would always love to visit. Thanks for taking time sharing this with us.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! Thanks for the compliments! I love the name of your website!:)Danielle:)

      Delete
  3. Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


    ufgop.org
    ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, you are GR8! Love the wonderful hipe! Sending good vibes your way!:)Danielle:)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I think now I have a strong hold over the topic after going through the post. The subject that you have discussed in the post is really amazing; I will surely come back for more information.

    Macy
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thank you so much for your words and your compliments! I love your support and enthusiasm! I wish you all the best in what you do!:)
      :)Danielle:)

      Delete
  5. But, yet, where is our SOUL going after we leave our mortal body (our physical bodies decompose)? Find-out where we went...

    As a writer of the sassy, savvy, insane yooFEMisms we A-L-L go through in this finite existence, I as well as you gotta lotta angst, too, and the synonymous metaphors which shall creeep stealthily across thy brain like the vivid, brazen dawn are the cohesion which brings U.S. together, girl.

    So, see if you cannot subliminally 'read-between-the-lines' or VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to the wise): here's summore symbiotically-explosive-coolness done in sardonic satires when we passed-away:

    Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
    See you Upstairs...
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. But, yet, where is our SOUL going after we leave our mortal body (our physical bodies decompose)? Find-out where we went...

    As a writer of the sassy, savvy, insane yooFEMisms we A-L-L go through in this finite existence, I as well as you gotta lotta angst, too, and the synonymous metaphors which shall creeep stealthily across thy brain like the vivid, brazen dawn are the cohesion which brings U.S. together, girl.

    So, see if you cannot subliminally 'read-between-the-lines' or VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to the wise): here's summore symbiotically-explosive-coolness done in sardonic satires when we passed-away:

    Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
    See you Upstairs...
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete